We’re all spending more time outside these days. So making our landscapes comfortable and user-friendly in winter is a priority. Exterior lighting plays an exciting role in making your landscape accessible and enjoyable on those dark winter nights. Outdoor lights brighten and enhance the short days of winter–but you’ll love them all year long.
How Can Exterior Lights Enhance My Landscape?
With excellent installation, outdoor lighting adds plenty of charm and curb appeal to your home and landscape. But their value goes way beyond looks. They can help keep your family safe and secure and make outdoor spaces welcoming year-round.
- Safety: Exterior lights help keep us safe by lighting up driveways, walkways, and stairs. They make outdoor spaces easier to navigate after dark.
- Security: Outdoor lights make your home more secure. They increase our chances of spotting an intruder and can let us know when someone arrives on our property. Security lights are often high-mounted, bright lights strategically located under the roof, on the porch, or above the garage. They can be motion-activated or timer-activated for maximum impact.
- Enjoyment: Many of us use our outdoor spaces like crazy during the summer but gravitate indoors as the days grow shorter. This year, we find ourselves wanting to make the most of our outdoor spaces, even in winter. Elegant and practical outdoor lighting combined with heaters and fire features can make our landscapes liveable and welcoming all winter long.
- Esthetics: Well-installed exterior lights look terrific. They add sparkle and magic to our landscapes and bring curb appeal to our home. Even security lighting should look beautiful and work well with your landscape and home design.
What Are the Most Popular Outdoor Lighting Options?
- In 2020, fire pits are everything. This year, we want to go beyond a simple fire feature. Fire pits have become a central feature of many outdoor living spaces. We can entertain outside all year long, with a fun and festive ambiance. A stone fire pit with a circular patio space, along with a walkway and complementary lighting, will change the way you entertain for good.
- Pathway and sidewalk lights boost your physical safety and home security. They also protect your landscaping by helping visitors stick to the path. Path lighting gives your yard a warm glow in winter and makes summer entertaining a breeze. We have a range of attractive options, including solar lights and low-voltage wired path lights. Popular choices include raised garden lights, bright pillar lights and recessed lights set into the walkway.
- Stair lights are one of the most essential and attractive safety features you can add to your hardscape. They help avoid falls and injuries and look terrific. We love the look of recessed lights on the vertical riser portion of the step. Uplights shining up from the ground along walls next to stairways are another popular option, creating a warm, inviting glow.
- Accent lights are a perfect way to highlight cool architectural features and favorite landscaping elements. Our favorite accents include soft, low-voltage spotlights and underground well-lights.
- Heavy-duty, year-round string lights add fun and magic to your landscape, creating a festive atmosphere all year long. They’re more weather resistant than typical seasonal lights and add flair to entertaining spaces.
Lighting And My Landscaper
Your landscaping professionals at Epling are the perfect team to help with exterior lighting needs.
- They know your landscaping and hardscaping plans, goals, and current layout.
- They’re experts at combining esthetics and practical considerations for a lighting plan that boosts safety and security while offering tons of curb appeal.
- Your landscaping professionals have time during the off-season to focus on hardscaping and lighting projects. Winter is the perfect time to add outdoor lighting and fire features.
At Epling Landscaping and Lawn Services, winter is a favorite time to help our neighbors plan and execute stunning hardscaping and exterior lighting projects. We love hearing your visions and using our knowledge and expertise to create the outdoor spaces of your dreams. Let’s bring the merry and bright this winter and build a space you’ll love all year long.